Monday, July 7, 2008

No Faith in Violence


Gandhi Quote of the day:"I object to violence because, when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

Thought for today: More Gandhi. "No Faith in Violence"
It is an unshakable faith with me that a cause suffers exactly to the extent that it is supported by violence. I say this in spite of appearances to the contrary. If I kill a man who obstructs me, I may experience a sense of false security. But the security will be short-lived. For I shall not have dealt with the root cause. In due course, other men will surely rise to obstruct me. My business, therefore, is not to kill the man or men who obstruct me, but to discover the cause that impels them to obstruct me and deal with it.
I do not believe in armed risings. They are a remedy worse than the disease sought to be cured. They are a token of the spirit of revenge and impatience and anger. The method of violence cannot do good in the long run.

Have a sunny day. Fine Art and Jewelry.

3 comments:

Kris Cahill said...

I agree with Gandhi and you. Thanks for the thought for today! Your jewelry is very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I agree too. I wish that George W Bush could follow this from starting of his terms.

Laura Winslow Godsil said...

Kris, thankyou for your comment.
Atniz, thanks for your thought but don't get me going on George W. lol