Sunday, July 6, 2008

Conviction


Gandhi Quote of the day: "On your side you have all the mighty forces of the modern State, arms, money, a controlled press, and all the rest. On my side, I have nothing but my conviction of right and truth, the unquenchable spirit of man, who is prepared to die for his convictions than submit to your brute force. I have my comrades in armlessness. Here we stand; and here if need be, we fall." Far from being a craven retreat from difficulty and danger, nonviolent resistance demands courage of a high order, the courage to resist injustice without rancour, to unite the utmost firmness with the utmost gentleness, to invite suffering but not to inflict it, to die but not to kill.

Thought for today:
An old love
the fuel of feeling.
A new love
Fueled by the heat
of the moment.
An old love
how'ed it last?
A new love
destroys the past.

Have a sunny day. Fine Art and Jewelry.

No comments: