Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Matty's Swamp: Or is that Dale


The blog of the day can be summed up in one word, Gregorio. Hope you enjoy.
The weather in Tucson can be summed up in one word, windy. I lied, it should
contain two more words, and HOT. A friend asked me if i thought he should enter a rehab program. I said lets have a drink and talk about it. A local teacher was accused of cursing at a student and answered the principles inquiry into what happened by saying, "I don't know what the fuck he's talking about."I grew up in a suburb of Syracuse, N.Y. called Mattydale. Now I have discovered that Matty is a family name of local farmers and that they built the town by filling in a swamp. Does that mean Mattydale is a nice way of saying I grew up in Matty's swamp?Another thing I've come to realize about the inhabitants of my childhood home is their lack of creativity. David Davidson, John Johnson, Frederick Fredericks, Mathew Mathews,William Williamson, these are the names of my classmates in grade school. Imagination seems to have not been a priority in old Matty's Swamp!
You can always find my paintings at fine art , or my necklaces at Jadis Jewelry . Have a sunny day.

No comments: